Thursday 12 January 2012

Manure - lovely stuff

Glorious day yesterday, pretty much the first whole dry day since November. Managed to get out into the garden in the afternoon. I drove around to the stables and stomped through the mud, to dig up some manure. This stuff is excellent, the pile must have been there for years, as its is so well rotted. I hope that my clay soil will soak it up. However I could do with a mini digger as it hard work lugging it through the stables in trugs. A couple of nice strong chaps would do. I could store them in the shed until needed (Do they sell them at the garden centre?)

I am using the manure to enrich the trenches for the hedging, which is being delivered in the next week or so. 

My one lonely border planted up last September, was under attack already from weeds, (Its been so mild), a quick hoe sorted that out. The chickies enjoyed a free supply of worms. They are not so daft, if they see a spade they come running.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.