Saturday 21 January 2012

Orchard arrives all wrapped up


The fruit trees and the hedging for the veg patch arrived this week. I unpacked it all,and popped  them all into trugs of water to keep the roots moist. We started planting up the hedging on wednesday, then the cumbrian weather arrived again to halt our efforts. A couple of days of high winds again, has finally forced me to order some wind mesh. Looking at the pathetic little sticks I am hoping to grow into a hedge, I realised I need to give the poor things some protection. 
Also, the children have been on a sustained campaign for a puppy for at least the last 5 years. Hubby and I have relented and we are getting a new member of the family later in the spring. The wind mesh will also protect the hedge and the veg for that matter from this four legged destroyer of gardens. I must be mad!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.